Historic Claims Ratio
EPES Logistics’ claims ratio for the past 2 years is a low .09% of loads handled (this equates to less than 1 claim out of every 1,000 loads).
Typical Claims Settlement Process
Our goal is to not only resolve the claim in a fair and timely manner, but to make sure you are kept informed throughout the process. Currently, approximately 80% of all claims filed are settled within 60 days.
- Upon receipt of a claim, we cross-reference the information to our database of loads.
- A letter acknowledging receipt of the claim is mailed to the claimant within 30 days of receipt.
- A cover letter and copy of the claim are forwarded to the responsible carrier for their investigation. We act as liaison between the carrier, claimant, and insurance claims adjuster to expedite settlement of the claim.
- If the claim is not settled within 30 days, the claimant will receive bi-weekly updates as to the current status of their claim.
- A completed claim form (standard claim form)
- A copy of the BOL/POD showing any exceptions noted at time of delivery
- An invoice copy or other details documenting the value of the short or damaged product or goods.
- An invoice copy or other details supporting any ancillary charges included in the claimed amount
- Photos of the damaged product (if available)
- Inspection report (if available)
Length of time to file a claim
Regulations require OS&D claims to be filed within 9 months from the date of delivery.
Claims Fax Number: 877-729-0516
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.